Joyful Noise

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Go Rockies, Go

What a wonderful fall day. Today is my 29th birthday. My students at school were so excited and I brought me a few gifts. I had a dozen roses waiting for me at home from my sweetheart. We then went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner. We headed home to take Meelo, our doggie, out for a little run. We take him to a park where we can take him off his leash to play frisbie. He is really fun to play with and tries to play keep away from Coy and I. It really brings us a good laugh. As we were walking back from the park we smelled the crisp smells of leaves burning. The sun was setting, and the air still held a bit of warmth. The full moon was rising in the sky. As we were walking we talked about the next year. I will kiss my twenties goodbye. We may not have Meelo living with us, as in reality he will someday live with Joel. Then as Coy said yeah next year we won't have a dog, we'll have a 7 month old. That almost stops me in my tracks. Some things in life seem too good to be true. It is the same feeling I had when I met Coy and I feel it often when I think about the amazing man that I am married to... this is too good to be true. Then I think of my parents and our family and they seem too good to be true. It is like this little chorus we used to sing as a family... harmony would erupt as we sang different verses.... "God is so good, God is so good, God is so good, he's so good to me." Amen
The best things in life are not wrapped in a package... one of the best gifts of today was getting up.. having Coy kiss my belly and hearing my baby's heartbeat with the monitor thingie we have. Have I mentioned I can't wait to be a mom???
Now to watch our Colorado Rockies play in the world series... it is so fun!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home