Joyful Noise

Monday, December 01, 2008

A Thankful Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving. It was an interesting one for Coy and I, as my parents, brother Joel and Grandma Mason were planning to come to Colorado this year. Coy's sister has been battling leukemia and she was told that the leukemia is raging on in her body. She is such a tough lady and it seems her leukemia is too, it just won't give up!! Brenda was going to be able to go home for the weekend along with Coy's other siblings, so we decided this year it was important for us to all be there for Thanksgiving. Mom and Dad and clan had to cancel their plans, but of course they understood. Coy, Luke and I headed to Wyo. We just got a new vehicle, a Saturn Outlook, so we actually had room for all of our stuff and Brenda and Brian too. We had a beautiful time. I will admit it was hard to give up our plans of being here with mom and dad, as I'm really missing them, but it was a wonderful time to be with Brenda. I was very sad, for everything that was going on last Tuesday evening and my little bro Joel offered me some advice: he told me to just look for moments of peace, love, and joy that Brenda and all of us were experiencing together. The first night we got there, one of my sister in laws, Kayla, had put together two books of letters from family members and friends of Brenda's. We had all told her what she means to us. It was great to all sit down and read our letters to her. I was reminded recently to tell those around us how much we love them and care for them. Life is full of twists and turns, and we are not guranteed tomorrow. I'm glad I took the time to stop and watch those around me enjoy Thanksgiving together, and thought it has left me super homesick, as I haven't seen my parents in over a month, I'm grateful we had a special holiday. I am also grateful for wonderful parents and brothers and their wives who have been so supportive and encouraging to Coy and I as we help Brenda with her fight. She is trying another treatment this week. We are praying for a Christmas miracle!!! I'd love to hear about your special Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home