Our Happy Holidays
I can't believe it has been so long since I've blogged. Coy, Luke, and I enjoyed Christmas in Iowa. We had fun seeing family and friends, and mostly just playing the game Sequence with mom and Joel, while dad and Luke played in the living room. We celebrated New Year's Eve with Jeff and Tina and their boys. We went out for dinner and then just hung out here.
Luke is doing many awesome things. He is making the sign for more, claps his hand, he raises his hands "sooo big" and waves bye bye, with his whole arm, it is really super funny. First a couple of my favorite stories. Christmas Eve we went to Candlelight service in New Sharon... we sang Christmas songs, and Luke sang along, as he does, then the pastor was dressed like a shepherd and Luke could not take his eyes off of him. Then the Hallelujah chorus comes blaring over the speakers and Luke's lip puckers up and he bursts out in tears. It was too cute. I just remember looking at Lukie and trying to breathe in every memory I could, it was a precious evening, with many of the people I love so much around me. The verse from the New Testament kept coming to mind where it says several times "Mary treasured up all these things in her heart" I think every mom knows what it is like to watch in awe as her child learns something new, and experiences new things. Each moment with Luke is so precious, I treasure each moment with Luke and so many times my video camera is not rolling, and my camera is not nearby, but I am treasuring up so much in my heart, and it is so full and blessed.
My next funny story is that Lukie waves his whole arm when he waves, it is too funny. Well last night we were trying to put him to bed, but he didn't think he was ready to sleep, so I turned on his lights show that projects on the ceiling and sat down in the rocking chair in his dark room, he holds onto the crib and then looks up at the ceiling and sees the lights and waves his arm off. Then he turns and giggles and waves at me. Coy came in and as he left the room he waved to Coy, it was sooo cute. What a guy we have.

3 Comments:
Hey guys-
I love it when I check your blog and you have new pictures of that very handsome little man and family! You guys are too cute! Glad you had a great Christmas. We did as well at my sister's house. Our new year's was spent at my sister's house just hanging out. Anyways, just wanted to say hello and hopefully you are checking out our blog as well!! Take care-
Love,
Kirk, Leigh and Girls
By
McLaughlin Girls, At
10:50 AM
Hey Hannah-
Here's my email...
lgh.mclaughlin@gmail.com
Hope to see you guys soon!!
Take care-
Leigh
By
McLaughlin Girls, At
8:09 PM
LUKEY POOKY BEAR
Guess who's missing you?????????Hope you had fun with grandma and grandpa I know you did because you are such a sweet "little man".. Be glad when you are home safe and ready for another grandma fix cause this grandma is needing one.LOVE YOU
By
CHICK, At
11:45 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home