Joyful Noise

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

A Dream


A handsome man with dark hair and beautiful blue eyes walks in the room to wrap his arms around me, gives me the sweetest kisses and cuddles me and our 10 month old baby, yes this is the love of my life. Coy "you were worth the wait, all those nights I closed my eyes, praying for you in my life, now you're here with me and I feel so complete!" Those are some lyrics from the song my brother wrote for Coy and I at our wedding, so perfect! I sometimes feel like we are lost in a dream land, we've been blessed with a cozy home, the most precious son two people could have and a great relationship, it just gets better and better. We have been through a wild year it seems, with a new baby and Coy's sister's sickness, but we were right by each other the whole time. I told Coy the other day, there were days that were very long and lonely but when you get through the foggy times in life, I look beside me and he is right there, just what a marriage should be!
Then there is our little Luke man. He is getting so big.. his newest accomplishments are rolling his hands,like we do in patty cake where we "roll em and roll em" he can stand for several seconds at a time, he is into EVERYTHING, and he can say da and mama. I guess I didn't imagine what it would sound like to hear him say mama, but it is so incredible and unique, not like any other "mama" I've heard before, because this time it is directed to me, and has the tone of Luke's sweet voice behind it. Today Luke and I were in the living room picking up some toys and he just came to me and kissed me, he does this often, just comes at you with the mouth wide open, and leaves behind a gallon of slobber to fall off my cheek, I love it and treasure the sweet moments he gives me each day.
Luke and I went to Wyoming last week and spent a week with Coy's mom. We had a wonderful stay. It was fun to be together and spend time with some of Coy's Aunts and Uncles. It's great to make memories with family!
Life is full of sweet moments and today I'm just in a big pool of so many. I thank God that he gives us these moments to enjoy one another.

5 Comments:

  • Hannah~

    That was the sweetest ever! Isn't it amazing how much love you can feel for a child? I never understood love and loss until I had children. It is amazing!

    Love ya!

    By Blogger Courtney, At 11:25 AM  

  • I love you sweetie, thanks for putting into words my feelings for you guys too!
    Your Hubby!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 10:58 PM  

  • You silly little man your hat is to small makes you look like a "city slicker" BUT you are still very handsome... I miss you. Tell mom and dad Hi and I love you XOXOXOXOXO

    By Blogger CHICK, At 12:35 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Tschetter's, At 6:50 PM  

  • Coy and Hannah- enjoy each and every moment you have with your little guy, because they grow up before you know it. It seems like just yesterday we were hearing our girls' first words and teaching them to walk, and here they are going off to college and growing up. Where has the time gone?
    LOVE YOU GUYS
    Deb

    By Blogger Tschetter's, At 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home